Header Ads

  • Breaking News

    Amir Khan Retires If You Can't Duel versus Pacquiao

    British welterweight boxer Amir Khan is considering retiring if he doesn't get a chance against Manny Pacquiao. For Khan, fighting Pacquiao is the last chapter of his adventure in the world of fistfights. 

    Khan claimed the WBC welterweight title after a fourth-round TKO victory over Australian Billy Dib at King Abdullah Sports City, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, July 12, 2019. 

    Amir Khan Retires If You Can't Duel versus Pacquiao
    Photo From: Evening Standard

    After the victory, Khan sensationally claimed to have reached an agreement against Pacquiao on November 8 in Arabia Saudi. However, Khan's statement was immediately denied by the Pacquiao camp.

    Through Pacquiao's spokesman Fred Sternberg, said the legendary Filipino boxer had not signed any contracts. "As far as I know, that hasn't been discussed," Sternberg told BBC Sport. 

    According to Khan, he was told what his advisors had to say at the press conference. "I think everything is handled very badly," Khan told the Daily Star.

    "I just thought the only way the fight would happen was if Pacquiao and I sat together and talked." 

    "We will see if that happens next year. We both know this is a big fight that can make a lot of money. "

    "Look, this is the last chapter now. Some more battles, honest. I have succeeded well in this sport financially, won titles, and made names for myself." 

    "Right now, it's all about enjoying the last part, the last few battles." 

    "Health is everything and also family. Everything you do is for your family. I want to stay intact when I spend time with them." 

    "You are only one punch away from not getting hurt. I never wanted one hit to land on me, you know? Before it's too late, so let's see how it goes. "

    Pacquiao, 40, defeated Keith Thurman in Las Vegas on July 20, 2019, to become a WBA (super) welterweight champion. Pacquiao wins a number of splits decision over the US boxer.


    "I have worked with him for years. I know him quite well," Khan said. 

    "I thought, I would give him a lot of problems if I met in the ring. He's against Thurman who has slow foot and hand movements. " 

    " With me, Pacquiao will have a lot of problems because I move my hands quickly, have better footwork and more head movements. I won't just stand there and beaten. " 

    "You have to keep giving him praise, but he's not the same Pacquiao as he was a few years ago." { Source }

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad