Fast & Furious Films with Space Settings? May be!
The Fast & Furious franchise can still be developed to penetrate the boundaries. One of them is to bring the motorized vehicle race into space. But is that possible?
Racing into space is one of the jokes that often come out of the franchise. And, this franchise writer, Chris Morgan, said, nothing could be considered in the sequel to the future of Fast & Furious, including bringing the race into space.
"Nothing is considered. Obviously nothing. It should be cool and it should be good. You know, that's the point, "Chris told Polygon when asked about the space setting for Fast & Furious.
However, for Chris, who wrote the franchise's first spinoff, the drivers in the franchise must always step on the ground, at least, in their character. The first Fast & Furious Spinoff was Hobbs & Shaw, which brought together Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) and Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham) against the villain Brixton (Idris Elba) who called himself a black Superman.
"I have one internal regulator in all these things. I am an active person and a big fan of action and I also like physics. I think the limitation for me is that we will submit to physics and never destroy it, destroy it. So how do you determine it? For me, while you watch the film and while you watch the action scene, is something happening that is physically impossible or absurd so it breaks the audience's confidence? "You suddenly no longer enjoy the film and you no longer care about the character because of the violation," Chris said.
Chris points to the climax scene in Fast & Furious 6 where Gisele (Gal Gadot) and Han (Sung Kang) chase the plane on the runway before the plane takes off. The scene caused an expression of doubt because the runway was almost 50 km in length.
"It's something fun to think about when I go home. But at that moment, do people think: do they really want to drop the plane? Are they worried about Han, Gisele, and everyone? I think they think about it. That means it's a good candidate for setting something. So, we are very strict about that. I will say there is no limit as long as we remain on the right side in keeping the audience bound, "Chris said. { Source }
Racing into space is one of the jokes that often come out of the franchise. And, this franchise writer, Chris Morgan, said, nothing could be considered in the sequel to the future of Fast & Furious, including bringing the race into space.
![]() |
| Photo from: Source |
"Nothing is considered. Obviously nothing. It should be cool and it should be good. You know, that's the point, "Chris told Polygon when asked about the space setting for Fast & Furious.
However, for Chris, who wrote the franchise's first spinoff, the drivers in the franchise must always step on the ground, at least, in their character. The first Fast & Furious Spinoff was Hobbs & Shaw, which brought together Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) and Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham) against the villain Brixton (Idris Elba) who called himself a black Superman.
"I have one internal regulator in all these things. I am an active person and a big fan of action and I also like physics. I think the limitation for me is that we will submit to physics and never destroy it, destroy it. So how do you determine it? For me, while you watch the film and while you watch the action scene, is something happening that is physically impossible or absurd so it breaks the audience's confidence? "You suddenly no longer enjoy the film and you no longer care about the character because of the violation," Chris said.
Chris points to the climax scene in Fast & Furious 6 where Gisele (Gal Gadot) and Han (Sung Kang) chase the plane on the runway before the plane takes off. The scene caused an expression of doubt because the runway was almost 50 km in length.
"It's something fun to think about when I go home. But at that moment, do people think: do they really want to drop the plane? Are they worried about Han, Gisele, and everyone? I think they think about it. That means it's a good candidate for setting something. So, we are very strict about that. I will say there is no limit as long as we remain on the right side in keeping the audience bound, "Chris said. { Source }

No comments