Header Ads

  • Breaking News

    Former Chelsea Captain Gary Cahill Officially Strengthens Crystal Palace

    Crystal Palace officially brought Gary Cahill from Chelsea for free on Tuesday (6/8/2019). The former captain of the Blues was contracted 2 years by the team nicknamed The Eagles. 

    Previously the 33-year-old player was without a club status after his contract was not renewed by Chelsea. Cahill will debut in the Premier League when Palace entertain Everton at Selhurst Park on Saturday (10/08/2019). 

    Former Chelsea Captain Gary Cahill Officially Strengthens Crystal Palace
    Photo from: BBC Sports

    Quoted from the official website of The Eagles, Cahill revealed that he was happy to be at this club in South London. 

    "I am happy to be here. I think this is a good opportunity to continue the adventure in the Premier League and play well again. This is a great team," Cahill said.

    "There are many interesting things at this club and talented players. I'm looking forward to the next challenge. I'm hungry to continue as much as I can." continued the former Bolton player.
    Cahill has had 61 caps with the England national team and has worked together before in the national team under Palace boss Roy Hodgson. With Chelsea he has won two Premier League titles, one Champions League title and two Europa League titles The 

    the arrival of the former Blues captain was welcomed by coach Hodgson. According to him, Cahill will provide fresh air for the squad for the Eagles. 

    "I'm glad Cahill joined us. He is a great player who brings a wealth of international and Premier League experience." 

    "I have worked together for a long time when I was England coach, I knew he would be a valuable asset to the team and I am very happy to work with him again." said the 71-year-old coach. { Source }

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad